Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 

This is AmiKit Support Forum. Click here for main AmiKit website.
none
  Forums Sign Up Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 70 [11 Sep 2009 00:41]
Guests - 70 / Members - 0
AmiKit Support Forum / Installation issues / Mac OS X installation problems...
Lee M
New (2) Member

# Posted: 2 Sep 2007 13:03

Hi all,
I'm trying to get AmiKit running OS X 10.4.10 (Intel Core Duo) through E-UAE and Hi-Toro but I'm having problems getting it to boot.

Here's the process I took.
1/ Install onto windows box
2/ Install boing bags and patches.
3/ Copy amikit: over to my mac
4/ Change hi-toro default settings to mimic those found in WinUAE.

The problem is that upon launching E-UAE it starts the startup-sequence and basically says "SetPatch: file is not executable". From my OS 3.9 days I see, to remember this had something to do with the rom patch in one of the Boing Bags but I'm completely stumped with how to fix it.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee

AmiKit
Admin

# Posted: 2 Sep 2007 13:26

I have no experience with E-UAE at all but according to the posts of others it might be "attributes" problem. Some files might have lost its attributes and are not executable anymore. Try to set them back to RWED.

Protect C:Setpatch +RWED

You might also want to try copy amikit to mac without installing the boing bags.

ness62
Regular (29) Member

# Posted: 2 Sep 2007 17:00

Test1.

install Amikit under Windows. To create a hdf (500Mo or 600Mo) with Winuae, format HDF under Amikit then to copy all system partition of Amikit on the hdf. Move CD0, CD1 etc in storage and throw the hdf Amikit with hi-toro / E-uae. yes problems with attributes

Test2:

Complete Install of Amikit with Winuae, create a Iso image of partition System Amikit, Burn it CD (ex: with nero or other ) copy the folder Amikit of cd > hard drive MAC .

but move CD0 ,CD1 etc... in Storage before creating .Iso image. You can read the problem of CD0, CD1. Doc amikit under E-uae / linux. The possible same problem with Hi-toro / E-uae

http://amikit.amiga.sk/knowledge-base.htm

I do not have MAC sniff!. You can try tests

Thank you

Lee M
New (2) Member

# Posted: 2 Sep 2007 22:30

Thanks guys. Amikit was correct. it was simply that several of the files had lost thier file attributes when I copied over from my windows partition. I had to rar the AmiKit: folder. it worked fine.

I'll try the Linux guide to see if I can optimise the installation (it's a little sluggish at the moment).

Thanks again,
Lee

ness62
Regular (29) Member

# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 01:11

very well, congratulations

Your answer
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's that?    :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Name  » Password 
You can post anonymously, entering just a nickname without password, if username is not taken by another member; or leaving both fields empty. Having an account, you can also just log-in from this page, without posting a message.

These forums are running on forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2014